At Valter Paiva Tennis Academy’s after school tennis programs, we teach all children ages 5-17 how to play tennis while enjoying themselves and learning new skills. We bring the joy and fun of tennis to kids and adults of all ages. Tennis is a life-long sport that encourages fitness, friendship, respect, and healthy competition. Learning to play tennis at an early age can prepare boys and girls for meaningful tennis experience through high school, college and into the future. We prove the validity of the old adage: “tennis is the sport of a lifetime”.
5 Reasons Your Child Will Grow With Valter Paiva’s After School Program
Here are some reasons your child should take on our tennis camp no matter their skill level and why we are truly the best after school program in Long Beach.
- Physical Development: tennis is a very active sport, with a lot of running around, quick movements, and the use of the entire body. As a result, the development of muscular body strength is inevitable. Add this with the strengthening of the cardiovascular system, with tennis you’re looking at nothing but healthy physical growth.
- Mental Development: Tennis requires alertness and tactical thinking, challenging our strategy skills and promoting continuing development of the brain. This also helps children build their confidence and decision making skills to boost their morale in and out of school.
- Immunity Booster: By improving physical strength, flexibility, balance, and fine motor skills, tennis will lend to helping your child master other activities off the court. By staying fit and healthy, your child will also have a stronger immune system to help combat illnesses.
- Learning Good Sportsmanship: We can continue about the health benefits of tennis, but above all else, we believe that tennis is fun! A strong rooted history in good sportsmanship, teamwork, and a camaraderie among players, tennis has forever been a sport that is social and leads to enjoyment.
- Very easy to start: One of the most attractive things about tennis: it’s approachable and uncomplicated. Starting as a child when dexterity and hand-eye coordination are still being learned, tennis provides a tangible and fun example of the mechanics of these skills. It’s a sports team that you can join with very little commitment, as chances are you already have most of the gear lying around the house and whatever is missing, you can find easily and inexpensive. Teaching tennis to teens serves as both a social activity, as well as a physical one. It provides an avenue to improve skills learned as a child, while developing new ones. Teens are able to improve agility and strength, while spending time with like-minded friends. Not to mention learning the value of a little healthy competition!
So, are you in? Visit our website ValterTennis.com to learn more about our After School Tennis Program and Camps. See you on the court!
“In golf as in life it is the follow through that makes the difference.”