Valter Paiva is currently the Head Pro at the Billie Jean King Tennis Center and Founder and Director of the Valter Paiva Tennis Academy. Valter was a nationally ranked top five player in Brazil and ranked among the top three players in São Paulo as a junior.
Valter began his career coaching at various Brazilian academies, including the prestigious Sociedade Harmonia de Tennis and Club Athletico Indiano in São Paulo. He was awarded a full tennis scholarship to Hampton University in Virginia where he played competitively in NCAA division one. While at Hampton, Valter was the assistant coach for the men and women’s tennis teams. He assisted with the men and women’s team qualifying for Nationals and was responsible for designing all team workout programs and training routines. He graduated with a BSC in Marketing, specializing in Professional Tennis Management.
Valter’s Southern California teaching resume extends to organized tennis clinics at Regional Park, La Habra Tennis Center in Cerritos, and the Anaheim Tennis Center. Valter brings international experience to his coaching, concentrating on effective techniques that improve performance for both adults and junior players. In addition to running a successful tennis academy, Valter still finds time to provide private lessons to adult and junior players entering tennis competitions and the professional ranks.
- 2015 National Finalist – Senior Doubles 35
- 2015 Valter Paiva Tennis Academy has been selected as the Best Business of Long Beach in the category of tennis
- 2013 National Champion – Senior Doubles 35
- 2009 USPTA Pro of the Year in the Los Angeles – District
- 2007 Winner of the USTA Nationals Championships/ 5.0 group
- 2007 Winner of Arcadia Open
- 2001, 2002, and 2004 Player of the year, regional conference of the MEAC Championship
- 2002 Playing record of 34-7
- 2001 Playing record 19-2
- 1996 National Champion in Brazil – Singles 18s
- 1995 National Champion in Brazil – Singles 18s